Thursday, January 14, 2010

FAMILY JUNKY AUCTION NIGHT. YEE HAW



Every Wednesday is Family Junky Auction Night. We all pile into the local auction house to wage war on all the unsuspecting competition. They include the above left my sister Jennifer, my B-n-law Vernon aka Paul Bunyan, and my Niece Allison. And the top picture my daughter Hannah and my mom Marie. It's always an experience. Last night we only accidentally bid against each other once during the regular auction and then Vernon tried to steal some shabby chairs that I WON!!! How dare him. So on to the tables. Its like a game. There are about nine tables set up filled with all kinds of junk imaginable. New stuff and old. The auctioneer stands by a table and starts bids. The high bidder gets to pick one item off of the table. So one table had boxes of beanie babies. Yew Right? Well Hannah and Allison wanted some so I raised my hand to bid and one a box of 12 for $10. I almost had a panic attack. I actually bought beanie babies. Well Allison started throwing a fit so Vernon bought her a box but of course Hannah had the best box cause she picked first. So my idea was wait until we get home and divide them evenly. Wrong. The girls divided them and Hannah (to my minds eye) ended up with the junky ones. Of course I threw a hissy fit which caused a chain of hissy fits first Allison, then Jenny. Then Mom was embarrassed cause the whole auction heard us fighting over beenie babies. Laughable now but not then! Well no biggy they are used to our family drama. Usually its Jen and Vern fighting over some purchase he made that she crowned as JUNK. So I was thinking they should pay us for the entertainment we give them!! Mom didn't see it my way. Oh Well. Pictures soon of all my good junk. Kick your boots off and Take the road less traveled!

No comments:

Post a Comment